Every visitor that reach the page via a search engine is definitely looking for something. Ensure your page enhances that user’s very requirement. If the visitor leaves the page immediately upon reaching the page it means the page is a mismatch to the visitor’s requirement. Search Engines keep a close check on whether the visitor this liking the page or disliking it. It also keeps track if a particular page is better viewed than the others.
Search Engines too have a stiff competition amongst themselves and the ones which provide the best results towards the user’s requirement will keep ahead… ask yourself “would you use a search engine that provides better results towards your search query?”. The obvious answer is “The one that provides better results will be eventually opted over the one that does not provide”.
Naturally the pages those are able to satisfy the visitor’s requirement best will rank ahead of others in the competition who don’t.
Search Engines are programmatical-bots and not Humans. To ensure the quality of link a bot would obviously require *Textual Links* and Text content. Hence it is better to avoid pure image based linking. Or how else does a programmer verify the quality of pointing link appropriately? Naturally since search engines would not be able to determine the link quality with image links, they would not be favored.
Matt Cutts on 27th Feb, 2014 (UTC) announced availability of a scraper report. If you notice a scraper site copying your content and outranking your original content, you can hereon notify the same.
If you see a scraper URL outranking the original source of content in Google, please tell us about it: http://t.co/WohXQmI45X
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) February 27, 2014
Your website ready to face Google’s new ‘Page Layout Algorithm’ refresh?
SEO folks: we recently launched a refresh of this algorithm: http://t.co/KKSXm8FqZW Visible to outside world on ~Feb. 6th.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) February 10, 2014
People expect to see the required piece of content they visited the website/webpage for right at the top of the page. If lesser the visitor is made to scroll down, the better is their search experience.
Make a site with a clear hierarchy and text links. Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
Conclusions drawn from this Google Webmaster Guideline
- The search engine has specifically emphasized using of one static text link for each page on the website.
- There is emphasis on use of text links.
- The hierarchy of every page must be clear.
In a video update published on Feb 10, 2014, Matt Cutts has clarified the grammar of comments would not matter Google. Again Matt Cutts did say in this video “Just ensure that your own content is high quality”
Finally some good news for surfers who are confused seeing all the biased and repeated articles. Matt Cutts has decided to go after link buyers.
It is necessary to check whether the keyword chosen actually attracts the right customers. To ensure the same, kindly remember the following:-
- Chalk down the exact Target customer (Budget, Whether wants to buy the exact service or goods available, their Location etc.)
- Visit every keyword phrase in your collection and think whether it will certainly attract the right one
- Segregate the keywords in various groups starting from “100% perfect” (i.e. 100% sure of attracting the right ones)
- Remove unwanted terms from the list
If you have a Transport and Freight Forwarding business and want customers only looking for Packers and Movers, Large Scale Transporters etc, you need to target keywords accordingly.
- Here you need to ensure all the keywords related to “Parcel delivery” etc are removed from the keyword collection, or otherwise you will waste your important budget attracting wrong customers. If you are going to serve customers only within India, ensure to weed out keywords those are targeting other locations in the world.
- A person looking for a Packers and Mover in London might type Packers and Movers London, Packers and Movers in London etc. If you are not addressing customers in London, ensure your keywords don’t contain them.
- Companies looking for transportation of dangerous goods might type Transportation of dangerous goods, Transportation of acids etc. Here it is necessary to check whether the service can be provided for such specific requirements. If not, then ensure to weed out these keywords from the collection before starting with further process.
The reason to provide this information is, most keyword generation software those readily give you their collections will contain a mix of all the above terms, so before starting your campaign it is necessary to check your keywords thoroughly. If you have found this tip useful or have any queries kindly comment below.